It’s been 3+ weeks on the fish oil now. It’s probably still too soon to determine what, if anything, it’s doing. And this week hasn’t been ideal at all for making any judgments. He’s felt like varying degrees of dirt for most of the week, and everything usually takes a step backward during weeks like this.
Here are a couple of things I’ve noticed improving lately, though whether it’s attributable to fish oil or what he would normally be doing is hard to tell.
* Eye contact continues to improve
* He did really well with his new OT, so score one for comfort with strangers
* He’s following some instructions a bit better
* He’s asking for things with ‘more’ on his own without as much prompting
* He goes to his high chair when he’s hungry (or drags the chair around with him) – i.e. the high chair is a good place
* His tantrums, at least in my opinion, have actually been better the last several days, though I didn’t think they were that bad to begin with
Odd mannerisms of the week:
* He REALLY likes Jeopardy
* It’s not unusual for him to refuse to get OUT of his high chair – a problem we’ve never had
We’re just going to write off the downers for the week as due to him feeling ill (a lot more sensory defensiveness, decreased speech) and move on. We’ve cut back on the ‘homework’ this week to let him recuperate. This round of yuck has been short-lived for his usual coughs and colds (which are fairly rare anyway), so that’s a good sign.
Let’s hope next week gets us back on track.
For previous installments: